PocketCM Keyboard offers a virtual keyboard for Apple lovers, well it's in the style of an Apple iPhone anyway. It makes typing extremely easy and has two great design features that make it a really great piece of software to use. First of all, the keyboard works in the opposite way to a normal computer keyboard. Instead of selecting a key when you press it, PocketCM Keyboard waits for you to take your finger off the key before using the letter. This can prove a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it means you can slide your finger around the screen very quickly.
Also the software predicts what you are going to write but in a way that is different to other predictive text features. If you are writing a word it begins to recognise, it will not only start to give you the 'quick selection' option it will also prevent you from making mistakes by purposely not choosing your letter. It does this by reading whereabouts on the keyboard your finger is and automatically choosing a more accurate letter for the word you are spelling. Again, clever, and again it takes some time to get used to. Most people either like or hate predictive text features. I like them and this one works well. Plus it's something new and the design is great.
- Autocomplete feature (will propose to complete a word if no other suggestion can be made)
- 2 gesture support: space and backspace (slide left to right, or right to left)
- Internal change in the data structure, should be a lot faster and consume a less memory
- Bug fixes: option dialog, layout association dropped after selecting a skin, ...
- Updated some layout and dictionary